Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Email from Elder Browning 3/11/13

We had a great day yesterday. Our district found more investigators this last week than any in the mission. A total of 21 between the 3 companionships. Yesterday we were praying harder than we ever had and we did everything by the book, we even fasted. We planned an amazing day and it all came to nothing. We just wanted one more investigator. Then we got a call and set up a last minute appointment for 7pm and cancelled trackting. We went to talk to a newer investigator named Paul. Little did we know he wanted to invite his fiance to join in on the lessons and they both loved it. We really emphasized the spirit during the lesson. I told them that they would feel the spirit and to look for it. Then right before we told them the Joseph Smith vision we told them to be paying attention to what they feel. When we spoke it was one of the greatest feelings I've ever felt. The spirit filled the room and they couldn't deny it and neither could we. So we got a new investigator last minute. After the lesson, about 8pm we got a call. It was sister Bright in our ward and she wanted us to go visit one of her friends soon. So we did then. And just like that we got another investigator. It was just a great day. I loved it!

I just got your package before we came over to get on email. I'm excited to see it.  I haven't looked through it all yet. The Darth Vader egg heads are cool though. Can you believe that I've been serving for 7 months already?  That's insane.  I feel like a greeny still. I'm going to try and write the ward a letter soon. I wish you were on right now. How has dad been?  Is the tile job coming well? I hate talking online.  I don't like technology. What if we could talk to each other's holograms. That would be pretty cool. Did you think I would get very homesick?  I was really shocked that it didn't seem to effect me like all the other missionaries.  I mean I miss everyone and can't wait to see you all but because this has been planned my whole life I don't get how I could get homesick.  I'm doing the best work on earth.  Anyway, love you lots. The work is progressing and I'm happy to be a part of it.  I have a feeling that I will be training a lot because of the growth in missionaries.  We will see.  It's hard to do I've realized. But I think it is a cool calling. Love you mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment